Oily skin? Have no fear my shiny friends, I have some tips on how to control excess oil and shine throughout the day.
First, I want to let you know that it is a proven fact that oily skin ages better than all other skin types. It may be an annoyance now but it is sure to pay off later on in life.
As I have mentioned in previous blogs, I am a product junkie. I have tried almost every shine control product there is. My skin is oily and I have large pores. If you look closely, my cheeks resemble an orange peel. If you can relate to this, I am going to save you a lot of time and money and tell you what products actually work!
* Oil blotting sheets are fantastic and should be in your makeup bag and purse at all times. These handy little sheets will absorb excess oil but not remove your makeup. I am a huge fan of using these instead of piling on more products to hide shine. This can lead to makeup looking too heavy and cakey on the skin. Almost every skincare line and makeup line out there offers oil blotting sheets.
* Primers will make a huge difference. A primer will act as a barrier between your skin’s oils and your makeup. A primer will smooth out the surface of your skin (fine lines, large pores, scars, etc.) and allow your makeup to go on smoother. One of my favorite primers is jane iredale’s Absence. This is an oil control primer containing hydrated silica. It helps absorb excess oil and controls shine throughout the day. It helps your makeup last longer and look fresh hours after application.
* Powder foundations are best for oily skin. Powder foundations give a matte finish and can help with unwanted shine. I am forever committed to jane iredale’s PurePressed Base.
* Mattifying powders are another great option. You can apply a light dusting of a mattifying powder over your foundation to help set your makeup and keep the oil and shine at bay. One of my favorites is Makeup Forever HD High Definition Powder. It comes in one translucent shade and looks fantastic on everyone.
* Lastly, I have to mention lid primers which are designed specifically for oily eyelids. Lid primers will keep your eyeshadows from creasing, smudging, and rubbing off throughout the day. Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion is unbelievable. Your eyeshadow and eye makeup will last for days! I cannot recommend this product enough. Look for the little purple tube. It is magic!
Give a few of these products a try if your oily skin is causing you stress. You have my word that they will help and make a difference. And remember, oily skin ages fabulously! With the harsh winter months quickly approaching, soon everyone will be jealous of your youthful glow.